To view final projects click the link to the right Nubaceland-2009
To view final projects click the link to the right Nubaceland-2008
NUBACELAND FISHBOWL QUESTIONS:
- What are the "highlights" of your budget proposal? What two/ three items make your group's proposal special?
- What are the top three Budget Priorities of your Group?
- What are the top three Spending Items of your Group?
- What is your group's plan for taxation… explain?
- Why is your taxation plan "good" for Nubaceland?
- Which items (if any) did you cut from the 2010 Budget? Why?
- Which items (if any) did you not meet the 2011 Recommendations? Why?
Expect the fishbowl discussion to last 12-18 minutes.
Each fishbowler may have one piece of paper, and one writing instrument in hand during the discussion.
Your group has been hired as consultants for the city of Nubaceland. Nubaceland is a large Midwestern city, population nearly 1.2 million. The city has many problems: overcrowded schools, litter, homelessness, crime, and unemployment to name a few. The last decade has shown a trend that more people leave Nubaceland every year than move to (or are born in) Nubaceland. Your group will be responsible for creating the city budget for 2011. Please be aware that the 2011 Budget must be balanced (you cannot spend more money than you have). Use your knowledge of Public Services to assist you in creating a strong budget that you will present to the city’s mayor in the near future.
|Item||2011 Request||2010 Funding|
|City Community College||9,800,000.00||2,450,000.00|
|Parks & Recreation||2,000,000.00||2,000,000.00|
|Water and Sewage||1,200,000.00||600,000.00|